Dental Crowns in Century City, Beverly Hills & Los Angeles
Crowns are dental restorations otherwise known as “caps”. They are used to restore teeth that have been broken or are at high risk of doing so due to old, over-sized fillings or fractures. There are a variety of materials used to construct these, and by working with the finest laboratories in the country, we are pleased to produce crowns that look and feel like your real teeth. As we get a little older, our teeth begin to change and are prone to decay. There are many possible reasons for this change in your smile. These reasons can include bruxism (teeth grinding), general decay, cracked fillings, root canals, and many others. If your tooth is beyond repair with a filling material, we may recommend that the best viable option to save the tooth is a full crown. The reasons for this type of restoration in a badly damaged tooth are durability, cosmetic appearance, and overall support of the chewing function.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant